Forest Blakk, did you just describe me?

I have this habit of playing music while I work. Then, a Forest Blakk song called "If You Love Her" started playing in the background.

I've heard this song more times than I can count. It's even on my Spotify playlist. But every single time I hear it, it tugs at my heartstrings. Right to the core. It's as if Forest Blakk wrote it about me, and every time it comes on, I swear I could just cry. Kidding.

The song goes like this:

"She always has trouble falling asleepAnd she likes to cuddle while under the sheetsShe loves Pop songs and dancing, and bad trash TVThere's still a few other things"

Oh, that is so me. Trouble falling asleep? Check. Cuddling? Maybe. Pop songs? Absolutely. Dancing? Only when no one's watching. And bad trash TV? Guilty. I'll watch it all, no matter how ridiculous or predictable the plot gets.

"She loves love notes and babiesAnd likes giving giftsHas a hard time acceptingA good complimentShe loves her whole familyAnd all of her friendsSo if you're the one she lets in"

I LOOOOOOOOVE LOVE NOTES. So much. I'll fill your life with sticky notes, letters, little scribbles.

Babies? Sure. Not mine, though. Just let me borrow your infant. Hahaha!

If anybody knows me here, gift-giving is the Shanice Guarin love language. Compliments? Fine. Just keep them genuine. Of course, I love my family and my friends. I'd die for them.

So if you're the one I let in? Well... that's a different story.

"Kiss her with passion as much as you canRun your hands through her hair whenever she's sadAnd when she doesn't notice how pretty she isTell her over and over so she never forgets"

Okay, let's calm down with this part.

Could be true. Could be not. I'm not telling.

But do remind me I'm pretty every now and then, so I don't forget. Haha!

"She's the best thing that you'll ever haveShe'll love you if you love her like that"

Wait, Forest, I may not be the best thing they'll ever have but yes... I'd probably love someone if they loved me like that.

Dear Lord, the hopeless romantic in me just refuses to go away. May the power of Forest Blakk soften this cruel and selfish world.

A genuine, honest, and unconditional kind of love for everyone. Please.

Okay, back to work!

In the meantime, do yourself a favor and give Forest Blakk a listen:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardin's Letter to Tessa

Blind Spot

347